Friday, May 13, 2011

We're Not Alone

We're not alone. Wherever you're at in life, someone else is there, too. If not in this century, in another. I often take time to remember that the pleadings of my aching heart is nothing new to God. He's heard it all before but it doesn't weary Him. He's heard each woman across the ages cry out to Him. From Hagar under the tree in a desert, watching her little boy die of thirst, to Mary Magdalene searching for her Lord at the empty tomb. Lost, scared, aching, lonely. Frustrated, angry, nearly bitter. Burned out, exhausted, at the end of the rope. He's heard it all and He's handled it all. He provided for Hagar, she called him 'The God who sees'. He appeared to Mary, showing her that her faith, devotion, and love was not misspent.

I think about the women who read my blog. I don't know exactly who does and I don't know exactly what you're going through. But I would bet my bottom dollar that you are struggling with something as you read these words. In our fallen world it is an inevitably. But you are no more alone than I am. We may feel all alone but Jesus did, too. His three closest friends couldn't even stay awake to pray for Him in His night of deepest anguish. He knows how it feels to be let down, betrayed, disappointed, and all alone. He felt all alone so we could know that we never truly are alone.

Divorce. Death. Barren wombs. Empty nest. Disease. Financial stress. Teenagers. Toddlers. Broken cars. Broken hearts. You are not alone. Someone somewhere in the annals of time across the world has walked in your shoes, maybe is walking in them now. And the One who is in Heaven is also in You, walking in your shoes, carrying you when you're too weak and tired to walk, when you can't see the path, when you don't want to go on. You are not alone. We're not alone.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. --John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...